Effective management of an organisation’s IT depends on full visibility, but this remains a challenge for many IT leaders. More than 50% of IT spend has moved out of the CIO’s control and into business units1, creating a technology sprawl that is difficult to identify, monitor and measure.
The result: 54% of customers are overspending on hardware and licensing2, wasting precious IT budget. The remaining 46% are under-licensed and pose a compliance risk2 to the organisation.
Traditional asset management systems are restricted to specific areas of your technology stack, either managing your hardware or ensure licensing compliance. However, without a clear and complete view of all on-premises and cloud resources, technology cannot be optimised to meet organisational goals, compliance cannot be enforced and your systems and data may not be as protected as you think. Technology Intelligence Solutions can help you reduce risk, prevent overspend, and quickly grasp business opportunities.
Over and under-utilised digital technology assets (subscriptions, licenses and cloud consumption) are costing companies their limited IT budgets.
30% of software that’s been deployed is not being used; companies are paying for more licenses than required1.
Customers are finding that cloud is costing them significantly more than they had budgeted for.
How do you know if your organisation is wasting money on redundant or duplicated technology?
You can’t manage what you don’t know about. As business units self-serve SaaS applications, paying for a product that another department may have already bought is increasingly common.
IT departments don’t know who is using what technology and more importantly- how they’re using it.
Rampant shadow IT presents significant security risks. A study of 33,000 apps revealed that less than 1% had the built-in security requirements for regular business use3.
Do you know when the business deploys or consumes software that doesn’t conform to IT standards?
Without visibility into the technology they own, CIOs cannot hope to optimise the organisation’s investments, and prevent security risks. It’s impossible to protect what you can’t see.
Customers want to reduce their application portfolios to reduce support and licensing costs, but don’t have the people, technology or time to do so.
Standardising app use across your organisation is extremely time-consuming, and difficult to complete within a timeframe where the data remains current.
How do you know where you are getting the most value from your technology investments?
Data#3’s Technology Intelligence Solutions help customers understand and manage their technology investments and consumption across the desktop to mobile, data centre and the cloud. The solution is available in three service tiers:
Anywhere, anytime access to the cloud-hosted Technology Intelligence Platform.
Monitor technology adoption and consumption across your entire organisation.
Drive digital transformation with powerful data insights.
Uncover expired, unsupported, insecure or duplicate technologies within your environment.
Reconcile your licensing and subscriptions against real-time usage data.
Eliminate wasteful spending and ensure mature software compliance capabilities and processes.
Know which technology is being used – or left gathering dust – cut costs, reduce risk and optimise your environment.
Organisations that manage their portfolio can achieve approximately 30% savings in the first year, with 5-10% each year following1.
Underpinned by Gartner Magic Quadrant leading Snow Software and managed by an experienced team of specialists, Data#3’s Technology Visibility Service gives you the power to view and understand the entirety of your organisation’s technology use at a glance.
As a Platinum Snow Partner, Data#3 has a skilled national team with unparalleled experience in deploying and managing Snow software. Leveraging the broader expertise of our managed services, licensing consultancy and cybersecurity teams, the Technology Intelligence Platform has been built with a strong focus on data protection and providing a secure solution, with an established Information Security Management System aligned to ISO 27001.
Cloud-hosted and managed by Data#3, save the cost of owning and maintaining a technology intelligence platform yourself.
1 Snow (2017). Bridging the disruption gap. [Online] Available at: https://www.snowsoftware.com/int/blog/2017/03/28/bridging-disruption-gap
2 Data based on a study of all Data#3 Software Asset Management Customers
3 Symantec Security Threat Report 2019. [Online] Available at: https://www.data3.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/CSTR-June-2019.pdf