Data centre virtualisation has matured rapidly in recent years and many organisation have come to the realisation that the foundation for successful digital transformation lies with data centre virtualisation. Today, many organisations exceed 75% virtualisation1. As your infrastructure needs become more complex – and the volume of data you are dealing with grows exponentially – you need a powerful, flexible way to respond. VMware vSphere 6.7 delivers.
Only with the latest virtualisation tools can you achieve true automation and business agility in the data centre, which in turn leads to better business decision making and the potential to unlock new revenue streams.
Data#3’s VMware specialists provide a complete vSphere Upgrade and Migration service. We can assess your current state, mitigate any migration risks that appear, and provide a clear roadmap to optimal vSphere implementation.
vSphere 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5 are no longer supported by VMware. The countdown clocks have reached zero, ensure your critical systems are safe and speak to us about upgrading to the latest virtualisation tools today.
Environments are growing in complexity, as are security threats. At the same time, you need to balance support for both traditional and modern applications, and do more with the resources you’ve got. Your data security and business continuity are at risk if you’re using outdated versions of virtualisation software which are nearing end-of-life.
Other virtualisation products are reaching End of Support or End of Agreement, too. By running outdated systems like vCenter for Windows, vCenter Host Gateway and more, you could be compromising your organisation’s ability to respond to security threats and business demands on the data centre.
vSphere 6.7 delivers key capabilities and incredible improvements on it’s predecessors,
enabling IT teams to tackle new demands on data centre infrastructure.
Download the white paper to learn how you can take advantage of faster vCentre operations,
reduced memory usage and comprehensive built in security.
Next-gen infrastructure like vSphere 6.7 responds to the challenges of the modern data centre head-on. It enables you to fully leverage VMware technology, including VMware vSAN™ and VMware NSX®; and gives you a powerful, secure and flexible foundation to run both existing and modern applications across clouds and devices.
vSphere 6.7 delivers phenomenal performance improvements over v6.5:
Unless you only have one Platform Services Controller (PSC), this major infrastructure upgrade is complex and risky. There is no direct upgrade path for customers moving themselves from vSphere 5.5 or below to vSphere 6.5/6.7, partnering with VMware experts will simplify this process and ensure you don’t encounter data centre disasters. As this article recounting a vSphere upgrade shows, it’s unwise to ‘go it alone’. Ensure your data, security and business continuity are safe by engaging Data#3 to manage your vSphere upgrade or migration.
By partnering with Data#3 you receive:
• A smooth process that protects your data and minimises disruption to business-as-usual processes
• The identification of major new opportunities to add real value to your business operations
• Analysis of your unique environment to provide a current state of your data centre
• Gap analysis to identify what needs to be done before you can upgrade your data centre virtualisation
• Specialist recommendations and a roadmap for upgrading to the latest tools, to ensure that no data centre disasters occur
• Ongoing education and support to help you get the most from virtualisation
Learn about our five step approach.
Our five-step approach to managing vSphere upgrades and migrations delivers proven results. The process can take from five days to four weeks depending on the complexity of your IT environment and the depth of review you are looking for.
Here’s what you can expect:
1. Preparing to upgrade
2. Pre-upgrade tasks
3. Performing the upgrade
4. Verifying the upgrade
5. Ongoing education and support
Data#3 is a technology specialist with extensive experience in VMware. Reach out to a Data#3 Specialist below to learn more about how we can ensure you’re getting the most from your investment in vSphere data centre virtualisation.
1. Gartner (May 2016) Gartner Says Worldwide Server Virtualization Market Is Reaching Its Peak. [Online] Available at: https://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/3315817
2. Singh, H (April 2018). Introducing VMware vSphere 6.7! [Online] Available at: https://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/2018/04/introducing-vmware-vsphere-6-7.html