Data#3 expects to report sustained earnings growth

  • FY17 NPBT estimate approximately $22.4 million, an increase of around 15%
  • FY17 NPAT estimate approximately $15.2 million, an increase of around 10%

BRISBANE, Monday 24 July 2017: Australian business technology solutions leader Data#3 Limited (ASX: DTL) has advised that, subject to confirmation of the Discovery Technology Pty Ltd result and the Data#3 group full year audit, the consolidated net profit before tax (NPBT) for FY17 is estimated to be approximately $22.4 million, representing growth of approximately 15% compared to FY16.

The consolidated net profit after tax (NPAT) excluding non-controlling interests is estimated to be approximately $15.2 million, an increase of approximately 10% compared to FY16.

These pre-audit estimates represent solid performance across the Data#3 business, with growth in services and cloud-based business, and a positive contribution from Discovery Technology through its return to profitability.

Data#3 is also pleased to announce that it has exercised an option to acquire a further 15.8% shareholding in Discovery Technology, increasing its total shareholding from 61.6% to 77.4% at the end of July 2017.

The additional investment of approximately $0.7 million will be funded from cash flow. The remaining 22.6% shareholding will continue to be owned by Brendan Williams, CEO and original founder of Discovery Technology.

The board intends to announce the audited full year results and the final dividend on 23 August 2017.

Click here to view the full media release.

Featured

Subscribe to our blog

Related

Data#3 delivers strong earnings growth

BRISBANE, Wednesday 19 February 2020: Australian business technology solutions leader Data#3 Limited (ASX: DTL) today announced its results for the…

A tale of two Azure transitions

We’ve been speaking with customers a lot about the end of mainstream support for SQL and Windows Servers 2008.

Get to know Cisco Webex Teams

Designed to transform team collaboration in the modern workplace, Cisco Webex Teams brings your people together into ‘spaces’…

Feeling insecure about LDAP?

March 2020 will be a critical month for system administrators and this advisory is a must read for anyone involved…

Data#3 expects to report strong 1H earnings growth
Data#3 expects to report strong 1H earnings growth

First half pre-tax profit estimate of approximately $12.5M, up from $9.0M in the PCP BRISBANE, Tuesday 21 January 2020: Australian…

Wesley Mission Queensland Enhances Customer Experience through Digital Transformation with Data#3
Customer Story: Wesley Mission Queensland

Wesley Mission Queensland Introduces Modern Network to Power Digitisation and enhance the customer experience in the Care Sector Objective With…

Wesley Mission Queensland Enhances Customer Experience Through Digital Transformation with Data#3

December 19, 2019; Brisbane, Australia: Leading Australian technology services and solutions provider, Data#3, today announced that it has worked with…

The Digital Transformation Keeping WA Ahead

If Australia is truly the lucky country, then surely WA must be the most fortunate of all. From unspoilt beaches…