Data#3 Social Responsibility and Community Program
Data#3 has a long history of engaging with and supporting charitable organisations and projects within the community. Data#3’s Core Values and People Values Statement drive the business to support not only those within our organisation but those who need assistance in the wider community.
Community: A key stakeholder
As we grow and increase our profits, we believe our obligation is to support the community to grow with us. Community is considered a stakeholder along with our people, customers, partners and shareholders. Our mission for our community is to work to support the communities we operate in and make a meaningful difference.
Our Community program (named ‘SOUL’) aims to raise our profile as a socially conscientious organisation who is putting real effort into enriching the national and international communities and providing our people with the power and opportunity to give something back on a personal level.
National charity partner – Starlight Children’s Foundation
Each year, Data#3 will select a national charity to partner with. For 2015, Data#3 has partnered with Starlight Children’s Foundation as their national charity partner. Starlight brightens the lives of seriously ill children and their families by replacing pain, fear and stress with fun, joy and laughter. Operating without government support, Starlight relies solely on donations from the community to do their work. To date, Data#3 has raised $25,000 for Starlight as a result of their charity golf day.
Data#3’s charity history
Over the years, Data#3 has engaged in a number of charity initiatives. Please see below:
For nearly 20 years, Data#3 has worked with World Vision to provide assistance to children living in poverty around the world. The program allows employees to combine individual payroll donations in order to provide sponsorship for over 20 children. Data#3 has been able to steadily grow the number of sponsored children from many different regions including Ecuador, Swaziland, Senegal, Bangladesh, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Jerusalem, Ethiopia and Thailand, and sponsorships are still ongoing.
For six years, Data#3 engaged in an annual charity giving program: the 12 Days of Christmas. The 12 Days of Christmas supported 12 different national and international charities over the first twelve working days of December. Data#3 provided support to each charity by making a donation as well as encouraging local employees to engage in additional volunteering or fundraising events.
Data#3 has also worked with multiple other charities each year on an ad-hoc basis and has raised hundreds of thousands through corporate donations and employee fundraising. Key events in recent years have included:
- Donation to Women’s Legal Service in 2014 through Data#3’s corporate Golf Day
- Donation to Radio Lollipop in 2013 through Data#3’s corporate Golf Day
- Donation to The Smith Family in 2012 through Data#3’s corporate Golf Day
- Participation and donation to the 2012 Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer (raising money for the Queensland Institute of Medical Research)
- Donation to the Qld Premier’s Flood Appeal in 2011 to assist in the state’s flood recover efforts
- Donation and sponsorship of the Australia vs. New Zealand charity rugby match to raise funds in the aftermath of the Christchurch earthquake in 2011
- Participation in the Boardroom Blitz competition raising funds for the Cerebral Palsy League of Qld
- Official technology partner of the World Transplant Games held in Qld in 2009