Whilst delivering exceptional value to our customers, people, technology partners, and shareholders is paramount, Data#3 recognises that we have a wider community obligation. This obligation – our corporate social responsibility – with respect to the environment involves:
- Understanding our responsibility toward environmental sustainability, and
- Having programs in place that demonstrate this understanding and encouraging our stakeholders to make a personal commitment to minimise the impact of our operations on the environment.
This policy statement covers all activities, products and services of Data#3’s operations throughout Australia. The policy has been developed with consideration given to existing international standards, national and state legislation, and the organisation’s vision and core values.
Data#3 acknowledges the impact of our operations on the environment and recognises the importance of effective environmental management practices. As a result of this, Data#3 is committed to:
- Complying with applicable Australian Government, State and Local Body environmental legislation, regulations, policies, initiatives and other requirements which relate to Data#3’s environmental aspects.
- Minimising our environmental impact and reducing the consumption of natural resources across all activities of the business.
- Educating and encouraging our staff to facilitate and enhance decision-making processes aimed at preventing pollution by reusing, repairing and recycling resources where possible.
- Developing and providing products and services that encourage and facilitate sound environmental strategies and practices.
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with vendors and suppliers who have clearly demonstrated a commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Nurturing an environmentally responsible culture throughout Data#3.
- Continual improvement through the ongoing management of our Environmental Management System.
Environmental Management System
Data#3 has developed an Environmental Management System (EMS), in compliance with the recognised international environmental standard: ISO 14001, which will be used as the tool for continually reducing the impact of our operations on the environment.
As an organisation we will regularly monitor and report on our environmental performance. Data#3 will also evaluate and revise our environmental management programs at least annually, to assess whether desired outcomes are being achieved against specific objectives and targets.
We believe that this policy is appropriate to the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
For more information regarding either our environmental policies or EMS, email firstname.lastname@example.org