Data#3 has a long history of engaging with and supporting charitable organisations and projects within the community. Data#3’s Core Values and People Values Statement drive the business to support not only those within our organisation but those who need assistance in the wider community.
Our Community program (named ‘HEART’) aims to raise our profile as a socially conscientious organisation who is putting real effort into enriching the national and international communities and providing our people with the power and opportunity to give something back on a personal level.
For nearly 20 years, Data#3 has worked with World Vision to provide assistance to children living in poverty around the world. The program allows employees to combine individual payroll donations in order to provide sponsorship for over 20 children. Due to the ever increasing generosity of the employees, Data#3 have been able to steadily grow the number of sponsored children from many different regions including Ecuador, Swaziland, Senegal, Bangladesh, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Jerusalem, Ethiopia and Thailand.
In 2009 Data#3 launched an annual charity giving program: the 12 Days of Christmas. The 12 Days of Christmas supports 12 different national and international charities over the first twelve working days of December. Data#3 provides support to each charity by making a donation as well as encouraging local employees to engage in additional volunteering or fundraising events.
Data#3 also works with multiple other charities each year on an ad-hoc basis and has raised over $300,000 through corporate donations and employee fundraising. Key events in recent years have included:
- Donation to The Smith Family in 2012 through Data#3′s corporate Golf Day
- Participation and donation to the 2012 Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer (raising money for the Queensland Institute of Medical Research)
- Donation to the Qld Premier’s Flood Appeal in 2011 to assist in the state’s flood recover efforts
- Donation and sponsorship of the Australia vs. New Zealand charity rugby match to raise funds in the aftermath of the Christchurch earthquake in 2011
- Participation in the Boardroom Blitz competition raising funds for the Cerebral Palsy League of Qld
- Official technology partner of the World Transplant Games held in Qld in 2009